Notice of Race
Notice of Race
Detroit Regional Yacht-Racing Association Lake Saint Clair
- The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing for 2017-2020. These include the 2017 DRYA Sailing Instructions (available at www.drya.org/race2017/SIs/SailingInstructions.pdf) as modified by the GPSC Sailing Instructions (available at www.gpsc.org)
- DRYA SAILING INSTRUCTIONS FOR “A” AND “C” COURSES will be changed as follows: Paragraph 2, ENTRIES, add: sail yachts owned or skippered by members of the Grosse Pointe Sail Club may register and compete in the GPSC Club JAM Class. Registration forms may be obtained from and submitted to email@example.com. Registrations for this CLUB Class must be received no later than Wednesday, August 9, 2017.
- Paragraph 6, CLASS FLAGS is changed to add the GPSC Club Class on “C” Course.
- Paragraph 8, COURSES & MARKS: The course description for “A” Course and “C” Course will be a Modified Olympic Course as described in the GPSC Sailing Instructions.
- Paragraph 9, STARTING: Starts and courses sailed by each class for “A” and “C” Course will be as described in the GPSC Sailing Instructions, including the WARNING SIGNAL FOR THE FIRST CLASS WILL BE AT 1030 HOURS FOR BOTH COURSES.
- Paragraph 15, TIME LIMITS: The time limit for each class in the Grosse Pointe Sail Club Regatta, an Olympic Style Course Regatta is four (4) hours after its starting signal as modified by the Sponsoring Club’s sailing instructions. Any boat finishing within its time limit shall qualify all classes within its division for any overall results, even if a class within the respective division did not qualify individually for the race.
- SAILING INSTRUCTIONS FOR “A” COURSE ONLY:
**** LOCATION CHANGE FOR COURSE “A” ****
Approximate course location: 42° 21.75′ N, 82° 49.05′ W. The starting area bears approximately 91° magnetic, 4.44 nm from Peche Island Range Rear light.
The modifications will appear in full in the GPSC Sailing Instructions. The Sailing Instructions may also change other racing rules.
For further information please contact GPSC Regatta Race Chair, Holly Kerslake Burns at 313-523-7546 or firstname.lastname@example.org or GPSC Regatta Chairman, Mark Minor at 248-761-9651 or email@example.com.
- AGREEMENT TO ASSUME RISK
In consideration of being permitted to enter this regatta and being fully knowledgeable of the risks of sailing as a competitive sport, all competitors, crew members and guests aboard voluntarily assume all risks associated with participating in this regatta. Competing boats shall in all respects be ready for sea and sailed by an adequate and capable crew. It shall be the sole and inescapable responsibility of the skipper and crew of the boat to decide whether to start or continue a race.
- We have read RRS 4, Decision to Race and hereby acknowledge and agree that we are participating in this event entirely at our own risk.
- We acknowledge and agree that neither the organizing authority nor the race committee, nor their members, will be responsible for (a) any damage to the entered boat or my other property, or (b) any injury to myself or my crew, including death, sustained as a result of the participation of myself, my crew and the boat in this event.
- We hereby waive any rights we may have to sue the race organizers (organizing authority, race committee, protest committee, host club, sponsors, or any other organization or official) as well as the City of Grosse Pointe Park as owner and operator of the Windmill Pointe Park and marina with respect to personal injury or property damage suffered by the skipper or crew as a result of our participation in this event and hereby release the race organizers and other personnel from any liability for such injury or damage to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We have taken all necessary steps to ensure that the skipper and crew and the entered boat are adequately prepared for all possible contingencies, including appropriate safety equipment as may be required by the United States Coast Guard or that a prudent seaman would consider advisable.
- We understand this document has important legal consequences and have consulted such legal and other advisors as we deem appropriate before racing.